Tower and Hargreaves Achieve ISO 14001:2004 - Environmental Management Systems
Thursday 11th of June 2015 06:56
After Months of hard work Hargreaves Surface Mining is proud to have achieved the very highest of international standards by achieving ISO 14001:2004 at the Tower Surface Mine Site. Achieving this internationally recognised standard is only the start of our pursuit to achieve the very highest standards in our business practices, we will now continue to implement these practices for the benefits of our employees, customers, suppliers and communities we operate in.
ISO 14001 focuses on environmental management and it maps out a framework that a company or organisation can follow to set up an effective environmental management system.
Recognised internationally and across industry, this accreditation shows that we are taking considerable steps to ensure the operation of our site has minimal and controlled impacts on the local environment.·
- Manages environmental aspects effectively ·
- Improved compliance with environmental legislation ·
- Prevention of pollution ·
- Minimizes energy and resource usage reducing operating costs ·
- Continual improvement in environmental performance ·
- Reduces the risk of penalties and avoids litigation ·
- Increased stakeholder confidence ·
- Improves employee morale ·
New business opportunities with environmentally aware customersDemonstrate high levels of environmental compliance when bidding for international contracts/expanding locally to accommodate business.